The Font, probably of the fourteenth century, is plain in design and of dignified proportions. Worked in Frosterly marble it stands upon a square base set compass-wise which in turn rests on an octagonal base of Hopton Wood stone.
The Font suffered much at the hands of the restorers during the 19th century. The scars of age were polished away and pieces of marble were inserted into the places from which the canopy fastenings had been removed.
The ancient canopy was, no doubt, destroyed at the Dissolution, but the present canopy of modern design erected in 1955 is in keeping with the dignity of the Font and its surroundings.