Voluntary youth organisations across the region are celebrating after receiving grants at a ceremony hosted by the East Riding of Yorkshire youth and family support service.
Positive Activities Grants totalling £32,000 were awarded to successful youth organisations from across the county by the chairman of East Riding of Yorkshire Council, Councillor Caroline Fox, at a ceremony at County Hall in Beverley.
Since 2013, East Riding of Yorkshire Council has provided £299,000 to help grow and develop a strong voluntary youth sector across the area. This investment has helped to create 48 new youth groups and support a further 131 youth groups over the last six years.
Councillor Fox said: "It was wonderful to meet recipients of the award who came from all over the East Riding. The awards will enable these groups to deliver positive activities to children and young people to help improve their personal, social and educational development, as well as providing some great fun activities."
Kevin Hall, the council's director of children, families and schools, said: "I am delighted that this year we are able to support 19 groups in total.
" We have seen a wide range of exciting and innovative bids to provide activities for young people across the East Riding, including sports , support for town and village youth clubs and a project to continue providing transport for rural youth groups and individual young people, to reduce social isolation and improve health, wellbeing and independence."
The grants were awarded to voluntary not-for-profit organisations to expand the amount of positive activity available to young people in the East Riding.
Grants were awarded as follows:
• 2020 Community Sport £2000 to deliver table cricket sessions in Bridlington
• 2020 Community Sport £1748 to deliver bowls sessions in Goole
• Barnados DSI Services £2000 for a residential
• Bridlington Cricket Club £1260 to provide cricket competitions
• Castaway Music Theatre, Goole : £1800 to support a musical production
• Castaway Music Youth, Goole : £1887 for musical equipment
• Driffield Youth Action £2000 to support a youth club and excursions
• ERVAS £2000 to create volunteering opportunities for young people
• Goole Community Group £2000 to support youth projects
• Hessle Youth Action £2000 to support the youth club
• Hornsea Town Council Youth Club £2000 to support the youth club
• HOSM Kids Club £2000 to support the kids club
• New Life Goole £2,000 to support the youth club
• Gilberdyke Parish Council £800 to support summer excursions
• Gilberdyke Parish Council £800 to support the youth club
• Newport Parish Council £1200 to support summer excursions
• Newport Parish Council £1200 to support the youth club
• New Life Outreach £2000 to support outreach workers in Goole
• The Park, Kilnwick £2000 to buy equipment.