If you are thinking about becoming a qualified teaching assistant, East Riding of Yorkshire Council's Adult Learning Centres are delivering a series of four-week introductory courses from Thursday, 25 January. These will lead onto a 30-week full qualification course starting in February and March.
Alternatively, if you're not quite ready for a four-week introductory course, each centre is delivering a two-hour free 'try it' session on Thursday, 11 January.
Delivered at the adult learning centres in Beverley, Bridlington and Cottingham, the free introductory courses are suitable for people who are working in schools as a volunteer (10-hours-a-week) and for employed teaching assistants.
The course will tell people about the Level 2 and Level 3 STLS qualifications and more about course requirements, including arranging time in school and any funding that may be available. There will be practical activities, some work at home and tutor-led sessions.
Come along to one of the four-week introductory courses or two-hour 'try it' courses at:
• Beverley - Try STLS – Thursday, 11 January from 9.30-11.30am. Four-week introductory course – Thursday, 25 January from 9.30am-12.30pm.
• Bridlington - Try STLS – Thursday, 11 January from 9.15-11.15am. Four-week introductory course – Thursday, 25 January from 9.10-11.40am.
• Cottingham - Try STLS – Thursday, 11 January from 6-8pm. Four-week introductory course – Thursday, 25 January from 6-9pm.
To study at an adult learning centre you must be aged 19 years or over.
For more information and to apply to join a course, visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/learn or call your nearest centre:
• Beverley Adult Learning Centre - (01482) 887670
• Bridlington Adult Learning Centre - (01262) 677500
• Cottingham Adult Learning Centre - (01482) 842329
• Goole Adult Learning Centre - (01482) 392844.
East Riding Adult Learning Centres can offer a range of financial help and additional support to help local residents to learn. This will be discussed at time of booking.
Interviews with learners are available on request.