East Riding of Yorkshire Council has announced a package of works due to be carried out this month as part of its footway maintenance programme.
This package of works is the latest stage of a £1 Million per year footway service contract that runs for two years.
This scheme is being carried out by PBS Construction (North East) Ltd and includes the following sites:
• Bempton Close, Bridlington
• Bempton Crescent, Bridlington
• Bempton Drive, Bridlington
• Bempton Gardens,Bridlington
• Bempton Lane, Bridlington
• Bempton Oval, Bridlington
• Bemrose Grove, Bridlington
• First/ Second/ Third/ Fourth/ Fifth/ Sixth/ Seventh/ Eighth Avenue, Bridlington
• Lamplugh Lane, Bridlington
• Lamplugh Square, Bridlington
• Lamplugh Road, Bridlington
• Mount Avenue, Bridlington
• Mount Crescent, Bridlington
• Mount Drive, Bridlington
• Driffield Road, Nafferton
• New Road, Nafferton
• North Street, Nafferton
These works will include patch repairs, ironwork replacement and/or adjustments, kerbing replacement and/or adjustment and slurry sealing of the footpath. These works depend on suitable weather.
Councillor John Barrett, portfolio holder for operational services, said : "I am delighted that we are now seeing the latest stage of this major footway improvement scheme across many locations in the East Riding.
Residents will see significant improvements over the next two years of the project."
Further stages of this scheme will be announced in due course.