The Spring Spectacular is coming soon to Sewerby Hall and Gardens – there will be a full programme of events during the school half term holidays, from Saturday, 26 May until Sunday, 3 June.
Throughout the week, there will be an Amy Johnson Trail in the House, marking 82 years since the legendary aviatrix opened Sewerby Hall and Gardens to the public in 1936. The trail will be a chance to match the names of Amy's aeroplanes (all named after moths) to their real life insect namesakes.
Other events that week include :
• Rusticus Encounter : Greek storyteller!: Bank Holiday Monday, 28 May : a chance to be amazed by ancient stories of gods and monsters with storyteller Apollo
• Rusticus Storytime: Robin Hood! : Tuesday, 29 May : choose sides as the woodland creatures create a performance from their trunk of epic adventure stories. Sing songs with the outlaws and feast at the Sheriff's banquet as you discover the greatest legend of our time – Robin Hood!
• a day of fun activities : Wednesday, 30 May : Come and celebrate Amy Johnson by creating and flying your own paper aeroplane, plus a Magic Day, face painting, and donkey rides (at a small charge) : Balloon modelling, temporary tattoos and face painting. Interactive magic shows in the Orangery at 12.30pm and 2.30pm.
• Rusticus adventure: Musical Mayhem!: Thursday, 31 May featuring: a magical musical adventure around the grounds, with characters who all love to make a noise! An energetic adventure walk with music-inspired games and activities.
• Amy Johnson activities, family classic games, and an Art Wall session with Active Coast : Friday, 1 June.
In addition, Spring Bank Holiday Week will see the gardens looking spectacular with stunning spring flowers, and the ongoing exhibition about the life and music of Herman Darewski will take visitors back to the Bridlington of the 1920s and 1930s when Darewski's band delighted the crowds at Bridlington Spa in that era.
During the week, there will be musical concerts and the café and shops will be open, along with the zoo, with new daily feeding times daily : visit the website for full details.
Marie Gascoigne, facility manager at Sewerby Hall and Gardens, said: "This will be a great week of activities and events, as well as a chance to have fun at the same time!"
Admission charges during the school holidays are £8 for adults, £5.90 for children and £26 for a family (two adults and two children). There is no additional charge to attend events and activities unless otherwise stated.
Annual passes are also available starting from £13 and can be purchased or renewed online or at any pay box.
For further information, call (01262) 673769 or visit www.sewerbyhall.co.uk. Keep up to date with all the latest news and information by following on Twitter and Facebook. Alternatively, subscribe to the electronic newsletter via the website.