'Active Coast' will be back for summer 2017 with a full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding's stunning coastline.
The programme is designed for residents and visitors to get active, be healthy and enjoy life in the area, with events at Bridlington, Hornsea and Withernsea.
Highlights of the varied summer programme include:
• The Beach Sports Festival at Bridlington South Beach on 23 July
• Have A Beach Day weekly events at Bridlington South Beach from 27 July and four dates in August
• The Yorkshire Series Beach Volleyball Festival at Bridlington South Beach on 26 August
• Sing for Freedom! at Bridlington Spa Gardens on 20 August
• Have A Field Day events in Hornsea in July and August, and Sewerby cliff top in August
• The Withernsea Carnival and Hut Family Day on 28 July
• Stone art and sand drawing family workshops in Bridlington, Withernsea and Hornsea.
Councillor Richard Burton, portfolio holder for leisure, tourism and culture, said : "Active Coast got off to a flying start at Easter this year, with over 5000 people taking part in the launch events. I have no doubt that this extensive and varied summer programme will prove even more popular, with its exciting range of activities designed to get people healthier, whilst having fun at the same time, and making the most of the coast!"
Active Coast will also feature weekly 'Coastal Explorer' outdoor adventure sessions from Flamborough to Spurn Point on Mondays, paint and play with a giant easel on Tuesdays, beach volleyball on Wednesdays, and beach sports on Fridays.
The various Have A Beach Day events in Bridlington will include the mobile Clip 'n Climb wall, art wall, slackline school, storytelling, sword fighting, circus skills, Louder than Life drum workshops, and dancing on the prom.
The Have A Field Day events in Hornsea are a great opportunity to take part in family activities, like play, football, tennis, volleyball, sumo suits and much more. At Sewerby Fields South, the event will include giant inflatables, drums with Louder than Life, dance with Latin champions, multi sports, and face painting.
Along with Bridlington Mile Marker walks, the Sewerby Parkrun, weekly health walks, and All Ride! – there really is something for everybody in Active Coast.
Details of the full programme are available at www.ActiveCoast.org and also in the new School's Out booklet.