How to increase your re-tweet rate?
A Bridlington.net Blog post by Ann Brown Summ It Up Marketing -
Visit my Blog Page
Created: Wed, Jul 1st, 2015 - viewed 3818 times
Your exposure increases when someone re-tweets your posts. This is how it works. Your original tweet will be shown on the feed of the person who re-tweets you. Everyone that follows that person will also see your tweet. Post something of interest and you increase the chances they will follow you. If your followers re-tweet your posts and you have 20 followers, you have a reach of 20, but if they re-tweet, your exposure increases.
How to improve your re-tweet rate:
- Add links to your web site and blog, towards the end of your tweet and make the link specific to the post. For example if you are tweeting about a specific product or service - link to that page
- Post free helpful information
- Include hashtags - you can find these by checking 'trending' in your Twitter feed and by checking out hashtagify.me
- Ask for a re-tweet (please RT)
- Include images
- Make your tweets 70 to 100 characters so followers people won't have to edit your tweet to re-tweet them
- Tweets with statistics are popular. Add statistics that relate to your industry or your business e.g. 95% of calls to our help desk are fixed in less than 5 minutes
- Add a tweet button on your web site and blog
- Put some words in capitals and bold
- Show your real side, something like 'this is interesting', 'you might like this'
- Say thank you for re-tweets
And finally the most popular words in re-tweets this year, "you, twitter, please re-tweet, post, blog, social, free, media, help, please RT, great, social media, follow, how to, top blog post, check out new blog post"