E mailing checklists
A Bridlington.net Blog post by Ann Brown Summ It Up Marketing -
Visit my Blog Page
Created: Tue, May 19th, 2015 - viewed 4102 times
Planning an e mail campaign? With a few time saving ideas you can make your campaigns run smoothly and include everything you need without having to reinvent your campaigns every time.
If using html mailings, first off set up some templates. Include a top banner and update the bottom banner. Use a template that will allow you to 'drag' text and image boxes and save as your template to keep the format for future mailings.
HTML mailings checklist
- Brand - logo, banner, strap line
- Tell a story in the introduction - monthly theme
- Original images
- Feature article
- Social media links - merge tags
- 4 links to your web site
- Add Twitter posts/feed - from the merge tags option
- Add 'Tweet' this and Like this on Facebook - from the merge tags option
- Call to action
- Little extras - do you know we...
- Feature your business on our web site
- Promote your business on Twitter
- Give you the chance to feature in our mailings to our subscribers
- Next month
Text E mailings checklist
- Make the mailing personal, send it to a name, use the cheat sheet in provided by Mail chimp to add a name or other personal details
- Keep paragraphs to around 60 to 80 words
- If you want to add a link - Copy and paste web addresses and links into the text
- Add 'send a tweet' from Mail chimp cheat sheet
- Add a call to action
Set up a calendar of themes that ties in with your other marketing. If your business is seasonal or has seasonal elements you have a heads up on other businesses. Send out seasonal products in your mailings, seasonal foods or news of holidays and special breaks. Use your mailings to promote new products, special offers, seminars and new services.