Are your web site visitors not sticking around? The following are 10 of the main reasons people leave web sites quickly and without exploring content.
1. Your web site does not clearly show who you are, what you do and what your web site visitors can expect to find on your site. It might be obvious to you but is it obvious to visitors?
2. Navigation is difficult to use, unclear or too complicated. Make sure your navigation is logical; one visitors can use easily and find what they want on every page. Is it easy to go back to previous pages and your home page?
3. The design of your web site is outdated.
4. Your web site contains outdated information and old images. It's all about trust and web site viewers quickly lose faith when they find outdated content.
5. The content of your site is difficult to read. Faced with a large amount of small text most web site visitors will leave quickly. Attention spans on online are shorter than offline. Organise and break up the text of your site with images, paragraphs and paragraphs titles in bold and larger text.
6. Your site is slow to load. This can be for any number of reasons including too many large images. KISS metrics report that 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in two seconds or less and 40% abandon a web site that takes more than three seconds to load.
7. Your site has no or has poorly written calls to action included. Small business trends suggest that 80% of small B2B web sites lack a call to action.
8. Your site isn't responsive, in other words it is not formatted for easy reading and easy navigation on mobiles and tablets.
9. You site does not give visitors reasons to buy, in other words poorly written text that does not sell the benefits of buying your products and services.
10. Buying or joining your mailing list too complicated.