During the nineteenth century restoration the pre-Reformation High Altar Stone, an which are to been seen the five consecration crosses, was laid in the floor at the top of the three steps.
Upon this stone now stands the beautifully designed Holy Table, behind which on the East wall is the Reredos of Caen stone, which was erected in 1875.
On the South pier is a medieval alms-box carved out of one piece of stone.
Though the lid is missing the hinge and staple still remain, and nearby is a small stone bracket. On the corresponding pier on the North side are to be seen a richly carved pedestal and holy water stoup by the side of which is another statue bracket.
The Holy Communion Rail, as massive in design as it is beautiful, is made of Italian walnut. It was wrought and carved in Italy and erected in its present position with the open metal work gates. The steps of the Sanctuary and Chancel are of Frosterly marble and the floor is paved with black and white marble.
In the space between the step leading into the Sanctuary and the Choir Stalls are interred ashes. On the vault stone is the following inscription which shows the Priory's link with the United States of America: "Anne, wife of Sir Albert Newby Braithwaite, D.S.O., M.C., born 10th June, 1894, in Greenville, South Carolina, United States of America, died 12th March, l950 in London".
Through the Parclose Screen Gates on the South side can be seen the Scriptorium in which, on the wall, are two tablets. One of these commemorates a former Incumbent of the Priory, Cornelius Rickaby, 1748-l786, and carries the reminder from Hebrews g, 27 (A.V.) :"Statutum est omnibus semel mori" - "lt is appointed unto men once to die"