East Riding of Yorkshire Council is consulting on a Land to the North of Bridlington Draft Masterplan Supplementary Planning Document (SPD), from Monday, 27 March to Monday, 8 May. Comments on the draft masterplan should be received on or before Monday, 8 May 2017.
SPDs provide more detailed advice or guidance on the application of policies in the East Riding Local Plan. The local plan provides for the amount, location and type of development in the East Riding until the year 2029.
The draft masterplan has been prepared to guide the development of housing allocations BRID-A and BRID-B in the local plan. In total, these allocate land to provide for around 1,459 new homes.
Important issues on which the masterplan provides further guidance, include:
• the provision of a link road through the site
• improving foot, cycle, and public transport access
• landscaping and integration of development with the Yorkshire Wolds
• maintaining important panoramic viewpoints towards the town and the sea
• the provision of public open space, including children's play areas and playing pitches
• housing mix and
• design, including appropriate densities, layout, and materials.
Once adopted, the masterplan will become an important consideration in determining relevant planning applications on the site.
You can read the draft masterplan and accompanying screening document for sustainability appraisal, strategic environment assessment and habitats regulations assessment by:
• downloading or viewing PDF versions on the website at www.eastriding.gov.uk/spd
• viewing paper copies at County Hall, Cross Street, Beverley, HU17 9BA, open Monday-Thursday, 9am-5.30pm, and 9am-4.30pm on Friday and at Bridlington Central Library, Bridlington North Library and Bridlington Customer Service Centre, Town Hall.
For the opening times and address details of these facilities, visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/library-finder and www.eastriding.gov.uk/csc or call (01482) 393939.
You can respond to the consultation:
• by email by completing the response form or writing an email and sending it to email@example.com
• in writing by completing the response form or writing a letter and posting it to
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
East Riding of Yorkshire
All responses to the consultation will be publically available to view on the website.
You can speak to a planning officer about the documents by
• attending a drop-in session on Wednesday, 12 April, from 2-7pm, at Bridlington North Library, Martongate, Bridlington, YO16 6YD
• or by calling (01482) 391750 / (01482) 391743.