Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/4b/4/4af2cde633/public_html/listings/informer_detail.php:1) in /home/sites/4b/4/4af2cde633/public_html/listings/informer_detail.php on line 1
Active Coast events for the sixth and final week of the school holidays
'Active Coast' is the council's full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding's stunning coastline.
The programme is designed for residents and visitors to get active, be healthy and enjoy life in the area, with events at Bridlington, Hornsea and Withernsea.
Highlights of the sixth and final week of activities (28 August – 3 September) include:
• All Ride adapted cycling : Tuesday 29 August : Bridlington, Victoria Terrace : 11am-3pm : free
• Paint and Play : Tuesday 29 August : 1.30-3.30pm : Bridlington Promenade near foreshores office :Free : enjoy colouring in the Active Coast art wall
• Have A Field Day : Wednesday 30 August : 12noon – 3pm : Graingers Field, South Promenade, Hornsea : free : family activities, play, football, tennis, volleyball, sumo suits and much more. Face painting and glitter tattoos also available at a small charge.
• Go Spike Beach Volleyball : Wednesday 30 August : Bridlington South Beach : 1-3pm : 6-16 years : free
• Have A Beach Day : Thursday 31 August : Bridlington South Cliff Beach : 11am -3pm : free : Clip n' Climb climbing wall; Louder than Life drums; face painting; circus skills and sword fighting ; a range of fun sport and play activities.
• Mile Marker Health Walk : Thursday 31 August : 10-11am : East Riding leisure Bridlington : free
• Beach Sports Session : Friday 1 September : 1-3pm : 6-16 years : free : beach cricket, football, dodgeball and more
• Sewerby Parkrun : Saturday 2 September : 9am : free
• Sand Drawing Family Workshop : Saturday 2 September : Bridlington South Beach : 9am -3pm :A chance to join artists from Responsible Fishing UK on the beach to create wonderful sand drawings on a huge scale.
For full details of all Active Coast events, visit www.ActiveCoast.org