BRIDLINGTON CRICKET CLUB
Adopted at the Annual General Meeting of Members held at the Oberon Restaurant, on Monday, March 8th, 1948.
1. The Club shall be called the "Bridlington Cricket Club."
2. The management of the Club shall be in the hands of a General Committee (hereinafter referred to as the Committee), consisting of the President, the Captains of the First, Second and Thursday Elevens, the Hon. Treasurer, the Hon. Secretary, and six other members. The President shall take the chair at all meetings, but in his absence the Committee shall elect their own chairman. Five shall form a quorum, and the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
3. The property of the Club (other than cash which shall be under the control of the Hon. Treasurer) shall be vested in not more than four nor less than two Trustees, who, as vacancies occur, shall be nominated specially at the Annual General Meeting. They shall deal with the property of the Club as directed by resolution of the Committee (of which an entry in the Minute Book shall be conclusive evidence) and they shall be indemnified against risk and expense out of the Club property.
4. The Committee shall have power to elect Vice-Presidents of the Club.
5. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held as soon as possible after the 31sty December each year, to receive the Hon. Secretary's Report, the Hon. Treasurer's statement of Accounts, to elect a President, the Captains of the First, Second and Thursday Elevens, the Hon. Secretary, Hon. Treasurer, the Hon. Auditor, Committee, and Selection Committee (which shall consist of four non-playing members and the captains of each eleven) and to transact any other business. Twenty shall form a quorum and the Chairman shall have a casting vote. Nominations of candidates for election as officers and members of the committees, shall be accepted at the Annual General Meeting. Voting shall be by ballot and scrutineers appointed by members present to examine ballot papers.
6. A record shall be kept by the Hon. Secretary of all attendance of the Committee and of the Selection Committee, and this record shall be circulated with the notice convening the Annual General Meeting.
7. Notice of any business intended to be raised by any member under the heading of "Any Other Business" shall be given in writing to the Hon. Secretary not later than three days before the date of the Annual General Meeting. The Hon. Secretary shall cause to be printed in the notice convening the Annual General Meeting the rule that notice of any business intended to be introduced must be sent to him in writing less than three dasy before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
8. Any members desiring to move an amendment to the Rules shall give due notice to the Hon. Secretary not later than the 31sty December, and the Hon. Secretary shall include such notice in the notice convening the meeting. No alteration to a rule shall be passed except by a majority of two thirds of the members present and voting.
9. A Special General Meeting shall be held at any time on a written request, signed by not less than twelve members, such requisition to state the reason for such meeting, and only such matters as are mentioned in the requisition shall be allowed to be discussed at the meeting. Twenty shall form a quorum, and the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
10. At least 14 days' notice of any General Meeting shall be given to members. An audited statement of accounts to be included in the notice convening the Meeting.
11. Any person desiring to join the club shall be nominated by one member, seconded by another, and elected by a majority of the Committee at a Committee meeting.
12. The subscription for members 21 or over shall be 15s. per annum, for members under 21, 7s. 6. per annum, and for juniors 14 years or over 5/- per annum. No visitor shall be eligible for selection if any member is available and willing to play, except by special permission of the committee. Playing subscriptions for visitors to be determined by the Committee.
13. Playing members may be called upon to pay a levy each match to help to defray travelling and other expenses. The amount of such levy to be determined by the Committee.
14. No member shall be eligible for selection for any team whose susbscription remains unpaid after the 30th June.
15. Any member of the Committee (the President excepted) being absent from three successive meetings without reasonable excuse shall forfeit his seat and the Committee shall, at their next meeting, have power to fill the vacancy.
16. The Committee shall be empowered to fill any vacancy caused by death, resignation or otherwise, of any officer or member of the Committee of the Club, except a Trustee, and the term of office of such member selected shall be for the unexpired period of the member for whom he shall be substituted.
17. The Committee shall have power to deal with any matter that may arise in connection with the Club, and which is not provided for in these rules.
18. A copy of these rules shall be supplied to and be binding upon each member and a copy posted in the Pavilion.