Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/4b/4/4af2cde633/public_html/listings/blog_detail.php:1) in /home/sites/4b/4/4af2cde633/public_html/listings/blog_detail.php on line 1
When you read 'experts' talking about Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. you read about building a community. A community is a group of people that read your content, buy your products and services and interact with you on social media, talk with you over the phone, ask you questions in email.
It doesn't matter how many you have on your mailing list, you have already begun building your community. But beginning it isn't enough. In order to grow a community around your business you need to take community building seriously. Do it wrong and you have an audience, not a community.
Why should you grow a community around your brand?
Where to start? Your community will help you build better products and services. From their feedback you can create products and services they want, need, like and dislike and this is a fantastic way to create successful products and services that sell.
How to build a community around your brand
1. Create a community on Twitter by posting every day, starting conversations with followers and taking followers behind the scenes of your business.
2. Start a Facebook group - Facebook groups are a great way to meet your followers and have real conversations with them.
3. Give your community a name - Giving your community a name makes your members feel like they belong and it makes them an even bigger part of your business.
4. Always reply to people's emails and blog comments.
5. Give away free advice.
6. Ask your subscribers to reply to your newsletters. Welcome people to get in touch with you. Telling your email subscribers to reply on your newsletters and tell you what they're struggling with or need help within relation to my email.
7.. Share your community member's blog posts on your social network pages.