Making New Year new resolutions? Most business resolutions include one or all of these:
Take a big step towards achieving this by planning ahead to be organised and more successful in 2015.
1. Be clear about what it is you want to achieve. This might be a financial goal or a number of bookings or sales.
2. Next make sure you are clear who your products and services appeal to. This might be by business type, by demographics or by geographical area or all three. Do this to be clear about the way you present your business to your audience.
3. Set aside a budget for your marketing. Some businesses allocate a percentage of their turnover, others a specific amount. If you are a new business you will need to invest more.
4. Review 2014. Which marketing brought in most enquiries and sales? This might be word of mouth, e mailings and offers, your shop or social media. If you don't know the answer to this then add this to your list of marketing to does for 2015.
5. Monitoring does not have to be complicated and it is one of the keys to efficient and successful marketing. Basically it allows you to improve or eliminate marketing that isn't bringing in enquiries and build on what is working.
6. Your marketing resources - Your next stage is to list all your resources and this is more than simply financial resources.
7. How can you use your resources together in marketing to maximum effect? Do any of your resources need refreshing?
8. Are you using social networks to tweet and post offers, new products and reviews and do they link back to your web site?
9. Update Facebook banners to reflect offers, new services and announcements.
10. Use QR codes on your packaging and marketing material to send readers to specific web pages and social network pages.
11. Theme your marketing by months to save time and reduce stress! Theme by seasons, services or advice then tie into all your resources.
12. Review your plan regularly and be flexible
Now you have worked through this you need a plan and a plan that is user friendly for you.