Tillie Morrison, Sheffield was named on Saturday, 8th May, 1948, at 3.15pm, by H.R.H. The Duchess of Kent, the President of the Royal National Life-boat Institution.
The Lord Middleton, M.C., Lord Lieutenant of the East Riding of Yorkshire, presided over the event.
The lifeboat was the gift of Mr James Morrison and the late Mr David Morrison, of Sheffield, in memory of their sister.
Before the opening, musical selections were played by the 1st Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment (by kind permission of the Commanding Officer, Leiut.-Col. B. W. Webb-Carter, D.S.O., O.B.E.) The Lord Middleton then opened the proceedings.
A hymn was then sung ("Eternal Father, strong to save").
The Chief Inspector of Lifeboats, Commander P. E. Vaux, D.S.C., R.N., then described the lifeboat, before Mr James Morrison (the nephew of the donors) presented the lifeboat to the Institute.
Sir Godfrey Baring, Bt., Chairman of the Institution, accepted the lifeboat and then presented her to Bridlington branch. Mr J. M. Deheer, Chairman of the Bridlington branch, then accepted the lifeboat.
The Lord Archbishop of York (The Right Hon. and Most Rev. C. F. Garbett, P.C., D.D.), dedicated the vessel, assisted by Rev Canon J. W. Lamb, and the Rev. H. R. Hinley, President of the Bridlington Free Church Council.
The lifeboat was then named Tillie Morrison, Sheffield by H.R.H. The Duchess of Kent.
Votes of thanks were proposed and seconded by The Worshipful the Mayor of Bridlington and Colonel A. D. Burnett Brown, M.C., T.D., M.A., Secretary to the Institution.
The National Anthem brought the proceedings to a close.